Will you join us?
We believe race and income shouldn’t determine anyone’s future in Long Beach. In our community, everyone should be safe, connected, and healthy.
Every day, Long Beach Forward is proud to work with incredible organizations working to ensure race and income don’t determine one’s future, both in Long Beach and in the greater Los Angeles region.
When we get connected to job opportunities with our partner organizations, we post them here for you to share and discover.
Internships are based on semesters (16 weeks) Fall, Spring or Summer. Application windows are:
Depending on the current campaigns and needs of the organization, students are able to select an area of interest such as:
Land Use / Environment
Children & Families
We offer both undergraduate and graduate internships based on our availability per semester.
Our work is a mix of virtual, hybrid and in-person. Discuss your interest, availability, and needs when you apply.
The student must be enrolled in an internship course at their school and be able to commit to 10-12 hours per week. Currently, we only offer course credit, all internships are unpaid, unless you have an arrangement with your school’s program.
● Collaborate with the Long Beach Forward community organizers and partners to coordinate and conduct direct outreach efforts with partner organizations in Central, West, and North Long Beach neighborhoods.
● Provide logistical and facilitation support for direct outreach volunteers.
● Conduct community outreach and education in tandem with staff and volunteers at various community events and resource fairs.
● Support collaboration, resource sharing, and facilitation amongst community residents, organizations, and policymakers in organizational campaigns and workgroups.
● Conduct community-based research related to the social determinants of health and potential policy solutions.
● Assist the Long Beach Forward staff in office and collaboration support for the various campaigns, events, and opportunities.
● Collaborate with staff to plan, organize, and implement community learning events such as (but not limited to) Book Clubs, film screenings, and other technical learning opportunities.
● Develop communications materials and strategies related to improving equity, social justice, and health equity in Long Beach.
● Support strategic communications efforts (social media, messaging development, graphic design) in tandem with partner organizations and individuals in the targeted community.
● Assist with our podcasts, blog development, videography, and other creative communications and outreach.